Tuesday 11 December 2007

The first week in Kairos

The first day I went to Kairos alone into a place that I never been before was just a nightmare. In deed I like to explore new things. But this time I was lost. I walked from Taman Paramount LRT station to Taman Bahagia station (just one station distance). When I reached a park nearby Taman Paramount station, I totally no idea with the map drawn by Ps. Rudy. Then I asked a group of uncles under a hut. They just pointed here and there while I just shake my head saying "yea". Then I went according to the route the uncles shown me. After 5 minutes walk, I asked another person how to go - even he said that he don't know but only know if continue walk with current route will see a school. I just continue my journey until I saw a school but that is not SK Kg. Tunku but SMK Taman Sea. I thought if a secondary school is here then the primary must be nearby - so I still continue walking until Taman Bahagia LRT Station. I stopped there and Ps. Ruby called me which later an uncle from the group which pointed here and there honked me and fetched me to Kairos.
I reached Kairos and began worked on as a trainee but also a supervisor. Upon working at Kairos, I learned to control my hot-temper attitude and much more things. I also have my hearts to treat them as how Jesus loved me. However in certain situation I need to be firm as Ps. Rudy and Ps. Ruby advised me to be careful with a student under my care will "climb above my head" if I too friendly with him. As I continue to work, I feel more comfortable. Most Primary classes students can be approached but not with High School level students. Maybe I need much more time so I may slowly to get on them. However I won't forget to ask His help too.
I also may experience some tiredness when I return back to Ampang Park. I used to be sleep during late-night, but after started working there I will automatically sleep at 8pm and wake up at 7am. Early morning I need to walk from Kuala Ampang to Ampang Point about 15 minutes, wait another 5 minutes for bus to Ampang Park, 20 minutes inside the bus and 35 minutes with LRT - also from Taman Paramount LRT station I need to walk another 15 minutes to reach Kairos. (same as returning to Ampang)

Notes: There a student resembled Dragon Prawn too.

0 comments: