Friday 23 May 2008

A youth group with Praise Christian Church: Rumah Amal Cheshire












17 March: Under "a feeling to go to church", I finally decided to attent Ps. Roger's Praise Christian Church in Taman Bahagia. I was a bit nervous because I went to take LRT to Sri Petaling for the first time of my life. After I reached the LRT statio, I waited for PS. Roger to fetch me and show me the way to go Taman Bahagia. When I arrived, Ps. Roger took me to the main office of PCC and Ps. Rudy was there. I was introduced to Bro. John and Ps. Lai. We also had lunch together, while Ps. Rudy, Ps. Lai and Ps. Roger had their "job" to be done.
When it's nearly 3pm, much of the youths there already gathered downstair and one of them came up to ask Ps. Roger for the key to open the main hall of the church. I also been told to followed her to see the main hall. But myself too shy to talk anything. I just wait people to talk to me. Most of the time, I talked to the elders. After a while, Ps. Roger came down and group all together to Rumah Amal Cheshire in Selayang.
The place was near the house of a person that persued me. After arrived there, I still the same - didn't talk to any of the youth there. Hmmm... Until sun set, Mr. Gan came to me and talked to me when I was outside when others inside playing. WHEN we went for dinner, I only introduced myself to Lawrance and we also in the same car but we didn't talk even a word.
After arrived Setapak for dinner, finally Ps. Roger opened a "road" and introduced me to all of the youths. Ps. Roger said "Everyone! this person was from International Church which I used to be before." All of them looks very weird. Maybe they never heard about international church before. Then I introduced myself to all of them in English. During the time, much of us did laugh and chat. Most unforgettable, I'd made friends with Tan Kian Bok.

0 comments: